Great new way to debug node, scale your microservices when you've got the time. Checkout where you are on the developer roadmap, and learn some new stuff about css pointer events. Twitter ditches jQuery, device agnostic QR reader and much much more...
whats up frontend
- GoogleChromeLabs/ndb ndb is an improved debugging experience for Node.js, enabled by Chrome DevTools
- thedaviddias/Front-End-Performance-Checklist 🎮The only Front-End Performance Checklist that runs faster than the others
- Scaling Microservices with Message Queues, Spring Boot and Kubernetes When you design and build applications at scale, you deal with two significant challenges: scalability and robustness. You should design your service so that even if it is subject to intermittent heavy loads, it continues to operate reliably. But how do you build such applications? And how do you deploy an application that scales dynamically? Kubernetes has a feature called autoscaler where instances of your applications are increased or decreased automatically based on metrics that you define.
- Farewell, Google Maps Google decided to make Maps its next billion dollar business by raising prices 14 times and decreasing free usage limit almost 30 times, all with minimal notice period. Fortunately, the move energised map competitors. Apple Maps, Mapbox, TomTom - which alternative is best for mid- and larger sites?
- A one year PWA retrospective The idea of building a “Progressive Web App” (PWA) is not new, but its definition has changed with the emergence of key technologies like service workers. Now it’s finally possible to build great…
- Devhints — TL;DR for developer documentation A ridiculous collection of web development cheatsheets · One-page guide to
- Stuff you can do with CSS pointer events 4 examples of the possibilities of CSS pointer-events…
- Developer Roadmaps The path to becoming a front-end developer, as looked back upon by anyone who self-identifies that way, is likely a very windy one full of thorn bushes
- Mislav Marohnić on Twitter We’re finally finished removing jQuery from https://t.co/r2QL2aHBfa frontend. What did we replace it with? No framework whatsoever…
- piecioshka/simple-data-table :hammer: Lightweight and simple data table with no dependencies
- Building "Renderless" Vue Components There’s this popular analogy of Vue that goes like this: Vue is what you get when React and Angular come together and make a baby. I’ve always shared this
- A milestone for Chrome security: marking HTTP as “not secure” We’re marking all sites that are not encrypted with HTTPS as “not secure”.
- Converting Images To WebP In this excerpt from his eBook “The WebP Manual,” developer and author Jeremy Wagner will show you the many ways you can convert your existing images to the WebP format.\n
- Operationalizing Node.js for Server Side Rendering – Airbnb Engineering & Data Science – Medium At Airbnb, we have spent years steadily migrating all Frontend code to a consistent architecture where entire web pages are written as a hierarchy of React components hydrated with data from our API…